Did you knowthat?
TOP SHELF MARGARITAMADE WITH HORNITOS TEQUILA
A signature drink
- One of our signature drinks, our Top Shelf Margarita
- is made with Sauza Hornitos Reposado. We can make it on the rocks with salt or mixed with Gala or Patron Citronage and fresh natural lemon juice.
HORNITOS TEQUILA HISTORY
- Hornitos Tequila is the brain child of Don Francisco Javier Sauza (December 8, 1903 – June 21, 1990), the grandson of Don Cenobio Sauza, who founded Sauza Tequila in 1873 after quitting the Jose Antonio Gomez de Cuervo distillery (where Jose Cuervo is made).
- Francisco Javier Sauza worked in the tequila business for 10 years in the family (Sauza) business, but was itching to etch his own tequila legacy; Francisco's legacy lies with Hornitos Tequila. The “Hornitos” brand is named after the small agave ovens Francisco Javier Sauza's grandfather Don Cenobio Sauza utilized to build his Sauza branding. The name pays tribute to the technology that allowed his grandfather to evenly cook the Agave piñas and make a rich, smooth, complex flavor to the tequila.
- While Sauza tequila is a brand itself, Hornitos is part of the Sauza family because a Sauza family member, Don Francisco Javier Sauza, created it. Today, the Sauza brands include: Sauza, Conmemorativo, Hornitos, and Tres Generaciones. After a series of acquisitions, the Sauza brand is now owned by Fortune Brands, known also for Jim Beam, Cruzan Rum, and Maker's Mark. Regardless of owner, the Sauza products are still distilled at La Perseverancia (NOM: 1102).
All the information above was obtained from Mixdrinkipedia.comt